Your local diabetes education service
What is Diabetes Essentials?
Group information sessions to support people living Type 2 Diabetes
What is available?
- Diabetes Essentials: Type 2
- Diabetes Essentials: Foot Care
- Diabetes Essentials: Foundations
Diabetes essentials - poster A3 Halton.pdf
trifold diabetes essentials halton ccg NEW Final.pdf
Group sessions offer the opportunity to meet other people with the same condition and also to share experiences of living with diabetes.
When and where are the sessions held?
Sessions are held at various dates throughout the year, groups are held on mornings, afternoons and evenings. There are a number of venues within Runcorn, Widnes and the surrounding locality. Including:
- Kingsway Learning Centre, Victoria Road, Widnes, WA8 7QY
- Castlefields Health Centre, Village Square, Runcorn, WA7 2JF
- Hough Green Health Park, 47-57 Hough Green Road, Widnes, WA8 4NJ
- The Old Police Station, Runcorn, WA7 1DF
Is there a cost?
The session is a free NHS service. Some venues may have a parking fee.
Can I bring anyone with me?
Feel free to bring one other person with you.
If you are unsure which course you should attend please speak to your GP or nurse.
How can I attend Diabetes Essentials?
You can book yourself a place on Diabetes Essentials, by calling Therapy Services on 01244 365 234 or emailing Diabetes.email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you
This is a self-referral service; you do not need a healthcare professional to refer you. However speak to your healthcare professional if you want more information; they can refer you if you prefer.