The safety and welfare of children and adults at risk is of paramount importance to NHS Halton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). We work diligently to ensure that all of the services we commission ensure high quality safe effective care.
The following measures ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk is given priority and is discharged effectively across the whole local health community through commissioning arrangements:
- Executive level CCG membership of both Halton Safeguarding Children and Adult Boards which ensures that safeguarding is at the forefront of service planning.
- Senior CCG membership on the Peoples Board.
- Close collaboration with the Local Authority to assess and ensure the provision of coordinated integrated services to meet the needs of the local population, including specialist services for vulnerable groups.
- Ensuring that safeguarding children and adult strategies and associated policies are in place.
- Ensuring that providers of services are held to account through regular review of safeguarding arrangements through quality scrutiny processes.
- Designated Nurses in post to offer professional expertise and advice regarding safeguarding matters.
The Halton Council Contact Centre Team is the first point of contact for all children and adult referrals and general enquiries. You can contact them from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm Friday on 0151 907 8305. Or outside normal office hours you can contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 050 0148.