Sign In
News Articles
Manage PermissionsManage Permissions

May Bank Holiday arrangements – Monday 25 May 2020


GP practices 

This Bank Holiday, your GP practice will be closed. If you have an urgent medical need that cannot wait until Tuesday, alternative NHS services are available in Halton.

GP Extra

GP Extra is the Halton based extended hours General Practice service which allows you to book an appointment with a prescribing GP outside of standard practice hours. 

Widnes GP Extra clinics are based at the
Widnes Healthcare Resource Centre
Oaks Place, Caldwell Road, Widnes WA8 7GD

Runcorn GP Extra clinics are based at
Heath Road Medical Centre
78 Heath Road Crescent, Runcorn WA7 5TJ

During the weekend or bank holidays you can call:
Runcorn: 01928 593078
Widnes: 0151 495 5479
(Please only use these telephone numbers during these times)

Community pharmacy services 

Many community pharmacies will be open for a minimum of three hours with some pharmacies being open longer. You can see which phamacies are open in Halton here. Please visit or your pharmacy's own website for details. 

Pharmacists and their teams are an essential part of the NHS and need your help and support during the coronavirus pandemic. Always treat our staff with respect, they are doing their best to provide you with the medicines and advice you need.  

Urgent Care Centres

If you or someone in your family ne eds fast access to urgent care services, you can now be seen much closer to home; reducing the need for many patients to travel to A&E.

Important changes to the opening hours for the Halton Urgent Care Centres, please see below;

Widnes Urgent Care Centre: 
8.00am - 8.00pm
This service is currently by appointment only, please call the Widnes Urgent Care Centre on 0151 495 5000 to arrange an appointment.

Runcorn Urgent Care Centre:
8.00am - 9.00pm

If you believe you have symptoms of Covid-19 (a new dry, persistent cough and/or high temperature) please do not come to the Urgent Care Centre, hospital, your GP or contact NHS 111 unless you become poorly. All the information that you need is available on the Government website at

Dental services 

If you think you need urgent dental treatment: 

  • call your dentist 
  • if you cannot contact your dentist, or you do not have one, use the NHS 111 online service 

if a clinical appointment is necessary, this will be arranged at an urgent dental care centre. 

Created at 21/05/2020 21:35 by Alex Schofield
Last modified at 22/05/2020 09:17 by Alex Schofield